Monteverde Country Lodge
300 Mts Southwest from Cerro Plano Elementary School
Puntarenas province, Monteverde, Costa Rica 60109
Monteverde Coutry Lodge is a cozy family-style hotel reminiscent of a 1980s ski lodge, situated just 10 minutes from the world-famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Wooden finishes and friendly staff make guests feel at home while surrounded by beautiful, natural settings. Monteverde Country Lodge, like it´s sister property, Hotel Poco a Poco, strives to be sustainable through reducing its environmental impact. Visitors are invited to participate in the “Eco-Guest” program, which aims to reduce waste and educate guests about the local ecosystem.
Situated in the mountains, Monteverde Coutry Lodge is located nearby the town of Santa Elena. Guests can easily access area attractions, such as the Monteverde Butterfly Garden (0.3 miles), Monteverde Ecological Sanctuary (0.3 miles) and the Bat Jungle (1.2 miles).
Monteverde Coutry Lodge is a great place for families to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Guests can relax in the gardens and take in the beautiful views of Monteverde. They also have access to the facilities at Hotel Poco a Poco, including the indoor pool, complimentary kids club, spa, sauna, jacuzzi, gym and restaurant. The property also has an onsite restaurant that specializes in local cuisine.
- Coffee shop
- Complimentary parking
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting room
- Computer station
- Tour desk
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box
- Airport shuttle (surcharge)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Monteverde Coutry Lodge has 60 non-smoking rooms divided into two categories: Classic and Superior.
- Classic: These comfortable 237 sq. ft. guestrooms have rustic furniture and wooden furnishings. They offer views of the surrounding forest. Each room has a private bathroom with hot water and a 21-inch LCD TV, as well as cable channels and Wi-Fi. The Classic accommodations have two queen beds or one queen bed and two twin beds.
- Superior: The Superior guestrooms are larger and newer than the Classic rooms. They offer 323 sq. ft. of living space as well as relaxing forest and garden views. They have the same amenities as the Classic category, in addition to a 32-inch LCD TV. Guests can choose between a king bed or two queen beds depending on their group size.
- Private bathroom
- Hot water
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- LCD TV
- Cable service
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Blackout curtains
- Room service
- Daily housekeeping
Nearby Things to Do
- Frog Pond – 0.2 miles
- Serpentarium – 0.4 miles
- Monteverde Orchid Garden – 0.6 miles
- Curi Cancha Wildlife Refuge – 1.2 miles
- Monteverde Cheese Factory – 1.2 miles
- Entrance to Monteverde Reserve – 2.8 miles
- Selvatura Adventure Park – 4.7 miles
- Entrance to Santa Elena Reserve – 4.9 miles
The restaurant at Monteverde Country Lodge specializes in Costa Rican dishes prepared with local and international ingredients. Diners can also enjoy delicious appetizers and refreshing drinks.