300 mts east of Monteverde gas station
Puntarenas province, Monteverde, Costa Rica 60109
The world-renowned Belmar Hotel is nestled in the mountains adjacent to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Inspired by the Austrian chalets in the Alps, this rustic, yet elegant property offers stunning views of the Nicoya Gulf and the Puntarenas Province due to its hillside location. Guests can enjoy a variety of onsite activities, fresh food and beautiful facilities.
This small, elegant hotel is located on a hillside in the Cerro Amigos area, It offers easy access to popular Monteverde attractions, like the Cloud Forest Reserve (2.5 miles), the Bat Jungle (0.4 miles) and the Ecological Sanctuary (0.6 miles).
The property is composed of pristine cloud forest, including a stream, waterfall, and pond. Guests can explore a short nature trail, relax on the sundeck by the pond and admire the stunning gardens. There is also a vegetable and herb garden, nearby farm tours, classes and other hotel-led activities like bird-watching and night-hikes. In addition, the property is located in the entranceway of a few other trails. The most notable of these is Cerro Amigos, which is the highest mountain in the Monteverde area.
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms
- Game room
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Tours (surcharge)
The Belmar Hotel has 30 rooms housed in the three separate buildings: the main building (hotel rooms), the chalet (chalet rooms) and a separate building (suites). All of the rooms have a balcony or terrace, hand-carved wooden furniture made by local carpenters and organic toiletries.
- Peninsula Room: Located on the first floor of the hotel, the Peninsula Rooms feature two queen-size beds and a balcony with garden and peninsula views. They are ideal for groups of friends or families.
- Peninsula Superior Room: Located on the top floor of the hotel, the Peninsula Superior Rooms feature a king-size bed, making them ideal for couples. They have an open-concept bathroom and a balcony with views of the Nicoya Peninsula.
- Forest Room: Featuring wood floors and furnishings, the Forest Rooms have a floor to ceiling window, a full bathroom with a tub and a balcony with cloud forest views. They are available with a king bed or two queen beds.
- Forest Superior Room: This spacious room has the same amenities as the Forest Room, as well as a comfortable sitting area and a glass enclosed Jacuzzi. Guests can choose between a king bed or a king bed and queen bed, making them a great choice for families or groups of friends.
- Belmar Room: These lovely rooms are perfect for couples or honeymooners. Featuring 270-degree views of the Nicoya Peninsula and an open-concept bathroom, they have a king bed and a Jacuzzi with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean or the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.
- Canopy Room: Located in the penthouse area of the Chalet, the Canopy Room is surrounded by the cloud forest, making it ideal for nature lovers. Featuring a large terrace overlooking the mountains, this room has a king-size bed, floor-to-ceiling windows and whirlpool Jacuzzi inches away from the trees.
- Sunset Room: Located in the penthouse area of the Chalet, the Sunset Room has floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, surrounding valleys and the mountains. It has a spacious bathroom with forest views, a sitting area and a closet. Enjoy beautiful sunsets from the large terrace and the outdoor Jacuzzi.
- Sunrise Room: Located in the penthouse area of the Chalet, the Sunrise Room offers 70-degree views of the mountains of the Monteverde Cloud Forest on one side and the Nicoya Peninsula on the other. Featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, this room has the best sunrise views in the hotel. It has a large open-concept bathroom with forest views and a sitting area, as well as ample closet space and a large terrace with an outdoor Jacuzzi.
- Nicoya Suite: Located in a separate building on the highest point of the property, the 1076 sq. ft. Nicoya Suite is ideal for couples seeking additional privacy and added luxuries. It features a separate bedrooms with a king-size bed, a large closet, a sitting area and floor-to-ceiling windows with beautiful views of the cloud forest and the Nicoya Peninsula. It also has a living area with a desk and a wet bar. In addition, the Nicoya Suite has a spa-style bathroom with forest views, a sitting area and an indoor garden, as well as a 269 sq. ft terrace with a Jacuzzi and comfortable daybed.
- Penthouse Suite: Located on the top floor of the same building that houses the Nicoya Suite, the Penthouse Suite offers sweeping views of the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, surrounding valleys and the Pacific Ocean. It features cathedral ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows and a large terrace with an outdoor Jacuzzi and a lush day bed. In addition, the Penthouse has a separate bedroom with a king-size bed and a sitting area, as well as living area with a desk and a wet bar.
- Minibar with organic, locally-made snacks
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Organic and biodegradable toiletries
- Magnifying mirrors
- Hair dryer
- Balcony / Terrace
- Ceiling fan
- Orthopedic mattresses and high-quality cotton linens
- Daily Costa Rican coffee delivery service
- One complimentary yoga class
Nearby Things to Do
- Bat Jungle – 0.4 miles
- Monteverde Ecological Sanctuary – 0.6 miles
- Monteverde Orchid Farm – 1 mile
- Monteverde Butterfly Garden – 1 mile
- Monteverde Cheese Factory – 1 mile
- Entrance to Monteverde Reserve – 2.5 miles
- Selvatura Adventure Park – 4.6 miles
- Entrance to Santa Elena Reserve – 5.3 miles
From innovative spa treatments to yoga, The Hotel Belmar helps guests recharge and rejuvenate throughout their stay. Yogis can practice on their own on hotel grounds or take a class in the yoga studio (classes offered daily for an additional charge). The hotel also periodically holds dance workshops, art exhibitions, community gatherings etc. in the studio.
The spa at The Belmar Hotel is the perfect place to pamper yourself in Monteverde. From holistically individual treatments to couples massages, the spa has something for everyone. Do not miss out on the unique Cranial Sacral and yoga massages!
The Hotel Belmar has a restaurant: “Celejas”, a bar “Celajes Lounge Bar” and a Juice Bar and Tea Room.
- Restaurante Celajes: This lively restaurant offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean. It offers creative farm to table dishes inspired by the Costa Rican cuisine, as well as fresh breakfasts that happen to be a favorite of Belmar guests. Make sure to ask about Sunday Brunch! (subject to availability)
- Celajes Lounge Bar: Relax and unwind at the cozy Celajes Lounge bar, which offers garden to glass cocktails prepared with fresh and organic ingredients, as well as a delicious craft beers brewed on site. Do not miss Tico Time (offered every day) which features a variety of Costa Rican tapas (“bocas”) complimentary with wine, beer and spirits.
- Juice Bar and Tea Room: Open daily, the Juice Bar and Tea Room offers a variety of loose blended teas, chai, organic coffee, as well as delicious natural, freshly squeezed fruit and veggies juices and smoothies made from organic ingredients.