Hotel Makanda by the Sea
60601 Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
You will find a range of impeccably designed villas at the hotel. Each room is designed to reflect the spirit of the Costa Rican culture and atmosphere. You will be in the midst of rainforest gardens, all the while residing a mere 100 meters above the ocean below. The hotel itself offers a wide range of amenities, including two swimming pools with jacuzzis, several open bars, a private beach, spa, and so much more.
Just walking from one part of the hotel to the other will bring you in touch with the natural beauty of the region. You will encounter playful monkey, colorful toucans, sloths who are sure to be lazing about. The trees and surrounding fauna will continue to bring you more in touch with nature, while the comfort of your room will allow you to just relax and bask in the glory of the sun for as long as you choose to.
The hotel is located directly between Biesanz Beach and Manuel Antonio Park. To get there, you simply take the main road entering the region about three kilometers to Manuel Antonio. From there, the hotel can’t be missed and you will be ready to enjoy this tropical paradise.
The hotel offers a range of amenities, all especially designed with the discerning adult in mind. The core amenities offered throughout the property include:
- Luxury Spa
- Internet in all rooms
- Pristine Gardens
- A Range of Water Sports and Activities (extra charge)
- Private Beach
The hotel has 13 separate and distinct villas and suite types located throughout the property. Each of the rooms has a slightly different theme associated with it, with each affording guests use of all hotel amenities. Several room categories do offer some extra special touches for the guests that stay there. Available rooms include the following:
- Deluxe Suite Ocean Club – This room is 80 square meters and comes with a large four-poster bed. There is also a special relaxation zone in this room type, and it includes a spacious bathroom that has been decorated with a Carrara marble finish. There is a modern entertainment system in the club room, with full audio and television capabilities.
- Studio Room – The studio room has hardwood floors and a huge vaulted ceiling. You will also find a kitchenette with all of the essential items in this suite, along with a queen sized bed, sofa, and an area for dining.
- Villa – This is a 950 square foot room, complete with vaulted ceilings and hardwood floors. You will also be surrounded by a lush Japanese garden. There is a king sized bed in all villas, complete with a large terrace, chairs, and even a hammock.
- Luxury Villa – The luxury villa is 150 square meters of sheer comfort. You will have a spectacular lounge to enjoy, along with a private infinity pool that you are sure to get a lot of use out of. There are also a number of waterfalls outside the villa leading right down to the ocean.
- Deluxe Studio – This is an upgraded version of studio room, and includes a king sized bed, huge sofa, and full entertainment system.
- Honeymoon Suite with Private Pool – Enjoy your honeymoon with this suite that leaves nothing to be desired. You will have your own private pool bath, full amenities, and a large terrace that offers spectacular views of the ocean.
- Luxury Villa for 6 People – This is a large version of the villa room, designed for groups of six adults.
- Honeymoon Villa with Jacuzzi – You will find all of the standard amenities of the villa, combines with a large private jacuzzi on the terrace.
- Pacific Jacuzzi Suite – This particular suite offers views of the jungle and the ocean alike. There is a garden shower and a terrace that houses both a large jacuzzi and some daybeds. You will also find a walk-in closet and a fully equipped kitchen in this suite.
All rooms at the hotel contain the following amenities:
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Machine
- Flatscreen Television
- Individual Safe
- Robe and Slippers
- Cotton Sheets
- Hair Dryer
- Shower with Hot Water
- Free Internet
- Standard Toiletries
In addition the open bars located around the property, the hotel is home to the Arbol Restaurant. The food here is mostly based on fresh and locally sourced products. The cuisine is unique and tasty, with an ambiance that is most special and creative.
Nearby Things to Do
The area surrounding the hotel offers a wide range of activities for guests to take part in. The hotel staff will be more than happy to help any of the following tours and activities for you to enjoy during your stay.
- Manuel Antonio Park
- ATV Quadra Cycle Tours
- Sport Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Vanilla Spice Tours
- Rainmaker Reserve Tours
- Butterfly and Reptile Gardens
- Surfing Classes
- Scuba Diving
- Canopy Zipline Tours
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Kayaking Trips