Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort
Noreste de Centro de la Fortuna de San Carlos 13 Km, Provincia de Alajuela, Arenal
Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort is a luxury resort nestled at the base of the Arenal volcano. The thermal bath experience is what defines this resort. There are five main spring sources, and several different types of pools, from big ones to more secluded nooks. This resort is perfect for anyone looking to truly unwind and leave the stresses of the modern world at the door.
It is easy to get here by car or plane from San José. The hotel lies on 900 acres of sprawling jungle. The property is filled with dense vegetation, native flora, and pristine thermal waters. Guests will feel right at home relaxing at the hot springs or curled up with a book on a hammock.
- Included breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Fitness center with gym and workout room
- Laundry service
- Airport transportation
- Conference facilities
- Banquet room
There are 103 rooms and suites at the hotel, divided into six categories: the Senator Suite; the Tabacon Suite with two bedrooms; the Honeymoon Suite; the Tabacon Suite with one King bed or two full beds; the Rainforest Room; and the Orchid Room.
- Senator Suite the Senator Suite has a living room/dining room area, a master bedroom with one King bed, and a second bedroom with two full beds. There is a Jacuzzi and glass-enclosed shower in the master bathroom. This room type is ideal for families or large groups who want to stay together in style.
- Tabacon Suite (two bedrooms) The Tabacon Suite offers expansive living quarters with an unparalleled view of the rainforest. The bathroom is appointed with luxurious organic bath products. There are flat-screen TVs in each room and the bathroom. A good option for smaller groups or couples.
- Honeymoon Suite The Honeymoon Suite is an intimate space filled with the beauty of the rainforest. There is a King bed and a hot tub for two. Perfect for honeymooning couples or those celebrating a special anniversary with their significant other.
- Tabacon Suite (King bed or two full beds) The Tabacon Suite with one King bed or two full beds is the largest single-room type available at the resort. It offers plenty of space for solo travelers or couples to spread out and relax. This room type includes a seating/dining area and is appointed with luxurious bath products in the bathroom.
- Rainforest Room All furniture in the Rainforest Rooms are hand-made by local artisans. Guests can enjoy a view of the rainforest from their private terrace or balcony. A good choice for discerning travelers on a budget.
- Orchid Rooms Unique features in the Orchid Rooms include a “rainforest shower” with skylight. A small, cozy sitting area has big windows that overlook the rainforest.
Each room and suite is appointed with thoughtful touches to enhance the guest’s stay.
- Complimentary access to thermal experience
- Buffet breakfast
- Welcome non-alcoholic fruit cocktail
- Coffee and tea facilities in room
- Free WiFi
There are two open-air restaurants and four bars on the property. Guests can enjoy international flavors paired with local ingredients.
- Ave del Paraíso The menu at Ave del Paraíso is focused on international and Costa Rican cuisine. The setting is casual but dry clothes are required.
- Los Tucanes Buffet breakfasts and a la carte dinners are served here. The dress code for dinner does not allow swimsuits. Reservations are recommended.
- Arenal Pool Bar Snacks and drinks are served at this swim-up bar.
- Caña Brava Bar This bar is located in the hotel lobby. Snacks, rum specialty drinks, and cocktails are served here.
- Shangri-La Gardens Bar Snacks and cocktails are served here. Children are not allowed in the Gardens.
Nearby Things to Do
- Entrance to Arenal Volcano National Park – 5.7 miles
- Jeep Boat Jeep Tour – 5.6 miles
- Sky Adventures Arenal Park – 6.6 miles
- Rainforest Chocolate Tour – 7.6 miles
A spa, yoga classes, and fitness center make it easy to maintain your wellness routine while at the resort. Yoga classes are offered daily in the resort’s open-air pavilion. The spa offers couple and individual treatment packages. Treatments use locally-sourced ingredients like coffee, mangoes, and volcanic clay.