Mountain Paradise Hotel
La Palma, Costa Rica: roughly 0.8 km northeast of Highway 142
Located three kilometers away from two national parks and a hot springs resort, the Mountain Paradise Hotel is an ideal Costa Rican getaway. Established in 2001, it has a stunning view of the Arenal Volcano to its southwest. Those seeking a memorable vacation in a lush Costa Rican jungle that includes an actual volcano will be thoroughly pleased with what this slice of paradise has to offer.
The hotel is located in La Palma, Costa Rica. It’s almost a kilometer northeast of Highway 142. To the southwest, the majestic Arenal Volcano dominates the skyline in the Arenal Volcano National Park. The Rio Arenal River flows nearby, affording the opportunity for whitewater rafting to daring travelers.
- Dry cleaning and laundry service
- Spa tub
- Full service spa (mud baths, body wraps, Swedish massages and more)
- Outdoor pool
- Free buffet breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free valet parking
- Bar and lounge
- Poolside bar
- Private villas
There’ll be no shortage of space for guests at the hotel. There are up to 46 rooms available here. Junior bungalows have up to 754 square feet of space, and the master bungalows have a whopping 1,507 square feet of space. All are surrounded by the lush jungle, offering endless opportunities for wildlife observation. Plus, the hotel keeps the parking lot away from the villas so that guests aren’t bothered by the sounds of vehicles. After all, this a vacation spot – who wants to listen to noisy cars while out in the jungle? Golf carts carry guests to their villas upon arrival, sparing anyone an unwanted hike after a long trip in the plane. The types of bungalows available include:
- Royal Casitas: Ideal for honeymoons or just couples looking to get away for a while, these villas are designed for privacy. Each has a view of the volcano from the living quarters. Units come equipped with a jacuzzi for some extra special bubble time with a loved one. It even has a private pool, which should sell just about anyone.
- Villas Garabito: Built for families, these spacious villas have two bedrooms with a king bed in one and two beds (one double and one single) in the other. A maximum of five people can stay in this villa.
- Villa Arenal: Another family (or party) villa, the Villa Arenal can fit up to six people. Two bathrooms are included, saving anyone the trouble of having to wait on someone to just hurry up already. A small dining area provides a great place for everyone to get together and have a big meal. A private pool with tempered water is also present.
- Premium Casitas: A one-bedroom villa with two beds (one king and one double), this villa can hold up to four people. Guests will love the jacuzzi on the balcony, which allows for bird-watching, appreciation of the fresh air, and a majestic view of the Arenal Volcano.
- Air conditioning
- Private pools
- Private jacuzzis
- Plasma televisions
- Patios and balconies with views
- Coffee makers and kitchen amenities
The hotel hosts two different restaurants on its grounds, both of which offer more stunning views of the volcano. There’s nothing quite like devouring tasty Costa Rican seafood or a hearty traditional breakfast while gazing at a volcano in the distance. These restaurants include:
- Arenal Koitá: Situated just around the corner from the bungalows, this restaurant seats up to 82 people. It’s open from 6:30 AM to 10 PM. They offer a range of international cuisine options, and guests can eat, drink and be merry in an open-air setting.
- Ave del Paraíso: A little further down the road from the villas, this restaurant has televisions on the walls for sports viewing. They also have a pub for hearty vacation-level drinking. With room for up to 100 people, they can host company meetings, weddings and other events. A balcony in the front can provide guests with a highly relaxing place to drink as they take in the view of the Arenal Volcano.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel staff will help anyone with setting up tours or activities, making it easy to get a day started here. With the Arenal Natural Ecological Park, Arenal Volcano National Park, and the Ecotermales Fortuna (hot springs) nearby, it’ll be hard picking and choosing what to do. Some activities here include:
- Tours of the surrounding area and parks
- Bicycle rentals
- Hiking and biking trails in the close proximity
- Scooter/moped rentals
- Whitewater rafting
- Mountain biking
- Hot springs