Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa
10km Carretera al Volcan de la Fortuna, 50201 Fortuna, Costa Rica
Hotel Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa is located in the foothills beneath the Arenal volcano. This is your perfect launch point for exploring the region; winding hiking trails and adventurous ecotours are all within easy driving distance. The hotel sits on 27 acres of unspoiled property, and is bordered on each side by the La Palma and Kioro streams. This award-winning hotel holds a certificate in Sustainable Tourism.
Located at the base of the Arenal volcano, Hotel Arenal Kioro is a beautiful place to spend your Costa Rica vacation. In addition to the volcano, the hotel is close to other nearby attractions, such as the Arenal Ecoglide Park (4.5 miles) and the Mistico Hanging Bridges Park (6.6 miles). Titokú Hot Springs are 3.7 miles southwest of the hotel – admission is complimentary for hotel guests.
The property lies on 27 acres of pristine jungle, including two streams: La Palma and Kioro. The gardens are surrounded by thermal waters and are yours to explore. An on-site spa beckons your senses with natural treatments and packages for couples and honeymooners.
- Breakfast included
- Free WiFi throughout hotel
- Onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- Meeting rooms
- Business center with internet access
- Banquet room
There are 53 suites at the hotel: 11 have a King bed and a daybed, and 42 have two Queen beds and a daybed. Each room is a spacious and inviting private retreat. All rooms have a hot tub, balconies, and panoramic views. Big windows invite in plenty of natural light.
- Couple Suites The room can be configured with one King bed and one single bed. These suites are a good choice for traveling couples or small families. Private balconies invite you to linger a bit longer in the morning over coffee from the room’s coffee machine.
- Family Suites The room can be configured with two Queen beds and a day bed. The maximum occupancy in these suites is four people, making them an affordable choice for families or groups of friends who want to stay together. Enjoy views of the volcano from your private balconies.
The rooms offer plenty of luxurious details to enhance each moment of your stay.
- Two Juliet balconies
- Hydromassage hot tub
- Air conditioning
- Wireless internet
- Safe deposit box
- Key card access
- Mini bar
- Coffee maker
- Hair dryer
The hotel has five restaurants, each with a different atmosphere. A complimentary breakfast is included with your stay.
- Heliconias Heliconias is the hotel’s main restaurant, manned by an award-winning chef with specialties in red meat and seafood. It offers dramatic views of the volcano. A breakfast buffet and à la carte dinners are served here daily. The menu offers a spread of international dishes.
- Orquídeas Orquídeas offers casual dining poolside, with panoramic views of the gardens and the volcano beyond. Lunch and snacks are served here daily.
- Bar El Higuerón Bar El Higuerón is located near the hotel’s hot springs. Guests can enjoy Costa Rican national beers here, as well as fruit drinks and cocktails.
- Sport Bar Carajillos Three large flat-screen TVs and specialty snacks mean guests never have to miss a moment of their favorite sports teams. A large selection of beers, wines, and cocktails are served daily.
- El Pilón El Pilón is set aside for private events; reservations are available on request.
There are plenty of other dining options available near the hotel. Red Frog Coffee Roasters (5.4 miles) has a casual, cozy atmosphere with a menu that’s very kid-friendly. Farther east, Restaurante Don Rufino (6.8 miles) serves elegantly-prepared local cuisine.
Nearby Things to Do
- Mistico Hanging Bridges Park – 6.6 miles
- Rainforest Chocolate Tour – 7.2 miles
- La Fortuna Waterfall – 7.7 miles
The hotel offers several ways for you to relax and unwind during your stay. Neidin Spa is the hotel’s onsite spa, an oasis of calm surrounded by nature. Enjoy bath rituals, facials, and massages with 100% organic products. Couples packages are available.
Another unique feature of this hotel is the hot springs. There are 7 hot springs on the property with hydromassage benefits. Close by, the Titokú Hot Springs (3.7 miles) invite deep relaxation. Titokú means “water from the gods,” and these hot springs are indeed luxurious. There are lockers, dressing rooms, and a snack bar. The Titokú Hot Springs are open to the public daily; reservations are required. Guests staying at the Arenal Kioro hotel can enjoy complimentary admission with the price of their stay.