The Sunset Hotel is located near the road to the Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve, and is nearby popular Monteverde attractions, such as the Monteverde Orchid Garden (1 mile), Serpentarium (1.1 miles) and the Frog Pond (1.3 miles).
Featuring a network of private hiking trails, the property is a great option for nature lovers and bird watchers. The trails wind through forests and fields, offering guests an opportunity to observe local flora and fauna, as well as a small banana plantation. Bird watchers can see more than 100 different species along trails. After a busy day, guests can relax on the terrace and watch a beautiful sunset.
- Walking trails
- Free parking
- Tour desk
- Luggage storage
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Area/airport shuttle (surcharge)
The Hotel has seven rooms designed to meet your needs. Breakfast is included in the daily rate. Rooms 1-4 share a balcony with great views and a sitting area.
- Room 1: (Sleeps 1-4): This comfortable room has hardwood floors and rustic furnishings. It has two double beds, making it a great option for small groups. Room 1 also has a large window overlooking the Nicoya Gulf, a private bathroom with hot water and a desk.
- Room 2: (Sleeps 1-5): Room 2 is a great option for families, as it has two double beds and one twin bed. It has wooden furnishings and hardwood floors, as well as a private bathroom and a big window that offers views of the Nicoya Gulf.
- Room 3: (Sleeps 1-2): Featuring a comfortable double bed, Room 3 is perfect for sole travelers or couples. In addition to featuring views of the Nicoya Gulf, this room has a desk, a private bathroom and wooden furnishings.
- Room 4: (Sleeps 1-2): Designed with sole travelers and couples in mind, Room 4 also has a large double bed. It has a large window overlooking the Nicoya Gulf, a desk and a private bathroom, as well as wooden furnishings.
- Room 5: (Sleeps 1-3): This spacious room is ideal for three people, as it has one double bed and one twin bed. Room 5 has large windows that overlook the Nicoya Gulf as well as a semi-private balcony that is great for sunset viewing.
- Room 6: (Sleeps 1-4): This quiet room has two double beds. Featuring windows with forest views and a private balcony, Room 6 is a great choice for bird watchers and nature lovers. It also has a private bathroom, a desk and wooden furnishings.
- Room 7: (Sleeps 1-4): The quietest room on the property-Room 7 is perfect for birdwatchers or guests who want peace and quiet. Room 7 has one double bed and two single beds, making it a great option for sole travelers, couples or families. It also has a private balcony with forest views.
- Private bathroom
- Hot water
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Shared or private balcony
Nearby Things to Do
- Monteverde Ecological Sanctuary – 2.1 miles
- Monteverde Butterfly Farm – 2.1 miles
- Bat Jungle – 2.3 miles
- Monteverde Cheese Factory – 2.7 miles
- Curi Cancha Wildlife Refuge – 2.7 miles
- Selvatura Adventure Park – 2.7 miles
- Entrance to Santa Elena Reserve – 3.7 miles
- Entrance to Monteverde Reserve – 4.2 miles