Standing only 830 feet above sea level, this lodge and its private hot springs are in the heart of the La Fortuna district. Here, near the Arenal Volcano, you can find a comfortable, intimate place to stay with gorgeous views of the volcano and the surrounding tropical forest.
- Breakfast included
- Hot Springs access
- Spa for facial treatments to body wraps to full-body massages (prices range from $35-$100)
The Volcano Lodge and Springs is a cozy hotel that was established in 1999 in response to the influx of tourists. Since the, the hotel has doubled in size, offering 70 air-conditioned rooms with a view of the famous Arenal volcano. Better yet, some of the rooms have private access to small hot springs pools, helping you to make the most of your vacation.
- Superior Room: Although this room is the “standard” option offered by the hotel, these rooms are bright and decorated with classic features. Each one is furnished with either two double or one king-sized bed, a terrace, a coffee maker, and a mini-fridge.
- Thermal Superior Room: For privacy and comfort, the thermal superior rooms are a great option for couples looking to get away from it all to enjoy each other’s company. In addition to all the features from the Superior room, each Thermal Superior room features private access to a patio with a mini hot springs pool.
- Junior Suite: The Junior suites are made for ultimate relaxation vacation. Each spacious room features a modern bathroom, a king-sized bed, and a Smart TV. Better yet, with view of the Arenal volcano, private access to a mini hot springs pool, and a personal patio, you’ll be able to make the most of this breath-taking region.
- Hair dryer
- Cable TV
As the hotel is situated deep within the jungle, it can be difficult to find a place to grab dinner or a quick bite after a day in the pool. Luckily, the Volcano Lodge and Springs hotel offers two on-site dinging options that can help take out some of the guesswork in your trip planning. Better yet, these restaurants are both well-rated, featuring food from all over the world.
- The Sura Bar and Bistro is a spacious, on-site restaurant that can seat as many as 120 people at one time. Without walls to obstruct your view of the volcano, you’ll be able to enjoy a wide variety of foods, from international favorites to Costa Rican specialties. In addition, this restaurant boasts a wide selection of wines and both domestic and imported liquors, which can be served at your table or at the restaurant’s Wet Bar. Sura is open daily, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- For sporting events, music, and pool, look no further than the Arenal Lobby Bar. This bar serves spirits, cocktails, and a selection of the hotel’s best meals. This relaxed bar has a chill vibe where you can easily unwind at the end of a day of adventure and exploring the natural wonders of Costa Rica. The Arenal Lobby Bar is open until 11 p.m. daily.
Nearby Things to Do
- Take a hike through the Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park. At 8.5 miles west of the lodge, you’ll find a 600-acre reserve filled with tropical greenery and wildlife. On the 1.9 mile trail, you’ll cross 9 fixed bridges and 6 suspension bridges with the help of a local guide.
- Why not take a wild ride through the jungle and get to know the Arenal Volcano’s beautiful surroundings? All-terrain vehicles, or ATVs, are available from La Pradera, 2.7 miles south east of the lodge. Along the ride, you’ll find observation points where you can take amazing photos as souvenirs of your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Go horseback riding with Alberto’s Horses, a quick 4.5 miles south east of the hotel. Here, you’ll be able to enjoy first and second generation forests, see the beautiful Iris Lagoon, and have a satisfying break at a look-out point you can only get on horseback — all this while traveling along in safety on a private property! On top of that, you can get a glimpse of the region’s driving economic force as you travel through the property’s own cattle fields. The ride lasts for a total of three hours.