The Rio Celeste Hideaway resort is perfectly situated just above the Tenorio Volcano National Park in Alajuela, Guatuso, Costa Rica. Not far from the resort, you’ll also find the Rio Celeste, making it the perfect stop for a tropical vacation getaway.
- Private parking lot
- Three on-site restaurants
Each of the 26 rooms at this opulent resort are individually decorated with bright, inviting colors, modern features, and rustic woodwork that is typical of the region. On top of that, each room has an inviting private garden where you can relax and unwind directly in nature.
- Casita Deluxe with a Garden View: These luxurious rooms are furnished with either one king-sized bed or two queen-sized beds, a fridge, and a desk, and they come equipped with a modern bathroom. On top of that, they have a private garden. In these rooms, you’ll have the maximum privacy, thanks to the lush garden surrounding the property. All in all, these rooms are great for travelers of all kinds, from couples to families.
- Casita Deluxe with a Forest View: With one king-sized bed or two queen-sized beds, a desk, refrigerator, and modern bathroom, these rooms come with all the same amenities as their Garden View counterparts. The difference is that these rooms are facing the south west, giving you a private view of the Tenorio Volcano National Park from the private garden that is also equipped with an intimate jetted hot tub. Overall, this room is probably best for couples, but families with older children will also the added bonus of a hot tub.
- 32″ LED TV and DVD player
- Private garden and outdoor shower
The resort is equipped with three different dining options, each with a different vibe to match the day’s experiences. Here, you’ll be able to snack on the poolside, sip on a casual cocktail, or enjoy an exclusive, chic dining experience — all without leaving the resort’s private property!
- For a modern twist of Costa Rican cuisine with fresh, local ingredients, you’ll want to drop by the Kantala Restaurant. This restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, featuring an open-air dining room that lets you soak up the natural beauty of the surrounding gardens.
- Cocktail hour and after-dinner drinks are best had at the Cantina Delirio. This stylish lounge is stocked with all the necessary ingredients for unique, tropical cocktails as well as premium beers and liquors from around the world. Enjoy the company of your loved ones with lively music that will get you dancing every night of the week.
- With a swim-up bar, an inviting pool deck, and upbeat music, the Luna Azul is a the place to be during the hot Costa Rican days. Featuring ice cold beers, cocktails, and light lunch foods, you’ll be sure make the most of your relaxing day of sunbathing.
Nearby Things to Do
- The resort overlooks the flourishing Tenorio Volcano National Park. This park is a mere six miles by car southwest, making it the perfect option for a satisfying afternoon in the outdoors. With a plethora of hiking trails, you can get to know all the best parts of the tropical rain forest. Don’t miss out on the chance to see some of the most pristine waterfalls, hidden along the river that cuts through the national park.
- To maximize what you can see in the afternoon, let a horse carry you to the rejuvenating, mineral waters of the Nicaraguan Lake with the Rio Celeste Horseback Riding Tours, located 1.2 miles north of the resort. On a typical half-day tour, you’ll get the chance to ride in the nearby mountain range, getting to the best look-out points of the region that are only accessible on horse back. See the volcano and the Nicaraguan Lake by never before!
- For an exciting day-trip, you’ll want to make the one-hour trek to Caño Negro. This exciting region, 25 miles northeast of the resort, is filled to the brim with exotic wildlife like sloths, three species of monkeys, caimans, lizards, bats, and more. Learn more about the incredible wetland ecosystem on a boat tour. Don’t forget your binoculars, either! This is the best place for bird watching in the whole region!