Just east of the Arenal Volcano National Park, nestled in the lush forest of La Fortuna is the Arenal Springs Resort. This resort is well-positioned for travelers that want to experience both the stunning natural beauty of Costa Rica as well as many of the best adventure sites in the region, including kayaking, hiking, rappelling, and more.
- Hot springs and swimming pool
- On-site gym
- Natria spa (for guests only, additional charges will apply)
This spacious hotel features 90 rooms decorated with rustic textures, granite counter tops, craftsman woodwork, and artwork from local artists. Each room has a private terrace, complete with a view of the Arenal volcano.
- Junior Suites: Accounting for the majority of the rooms on the property, the junior suites are furnished with either one king or two queen beds, a luxurious, modernized bathroom, and blackout curtains. These rooms are great for couples and small groups alike who want to relax in comfort, complete with the air-conditioning to help cool you down after a day of adventuring. If you’re concerned about allergies, on the second story, in the purer, less humid air, there are four junior suites reserved for people who need a little bit more space from the tropical greenery in order to enjoy their stay.
- Master Suites: Six of the resorts 90 rooms are designed to accompany larger groups of 4-10 people, making it a great option for families. These suites come with a brightly decorated living area, one or two bedrooms, and a private terrace. On top of that, the bathroom features a rainfall shower, a jacuzzi tub, and an indoor garden.
- Private parking space
- Breakfast buffet
- Terrace with volcano view
- Mini bar
- Coffee and tea station
- Flat screen TV with cable
- Room service
- Alarm clock
- Laundry bag
- Hair dryer
- Luggage Rack
The resort has three on-site restaurants that are open as last as 9:30 p.m. In addition to having three distinct but charming atmospheres, you’ll find high quality dishes from all around the world. Better yet, if you’d prefer to enjoy your meal in the comfort of your own room with your loved ones, just ask the room service to deliver your meal directly to you, free of charge.
- For a taste of traditional Costa Rican cuisine as well as American classics, look no further than the resort’s Ti-Cain Restaurant. This an open-air restaurant features three buffet lines with dishes like gallo pinto, carne en salsa, fried plantains, homemade breads, filet mignon, chicken and shrimp. The free breakfast is served here from 6:30-9:30 a.m., featuring a continental breakfast as well as fresh-made, American-style eggs. At night, you’ll find the restaurant filled with live, local musicians.
- For international favorites like pizza and pasta, head to the Italian Corner. This restaurant features wine from Chile and Argentina as well as fresh salads, cheese and meat platters, and all your favorite Italian foods.
- Poolside, in the perfect aquatic atmosphere, you’ll find the Sakana Sushi Bar and Restaurant under the direction of Chef Will. This Japanese bar features classic sushi rolls, including spring rolls, California rolls, and avocado rolls, as well as traditional Japanese salads and noodles. Enjoy your meal in the hot springs or on dry-land at the restaurant’s bar.
Nearby Things to Do
- For an unparalleled adventure in the canyons near the Arenal volcano, you’ll want to go to the Lost Canyon Adventure Company, located 4.9 miles south of the resort. In this unique adventure, you will be able to get the experience of rappelling, down-climbing, and river tracing in the wondrous tropical canyons with some of the most pristine views of nature.
- With volcano views all around the resort’s property, you won’t forget that the Arenal Volcano National Park is a mere 3.6 miles away. Here, you can take the time to explore the beautiful fauna and flora. Get to know some of the local wildlife, or, better yet, hike up the solidified lava flows to get a breathtaking view of the region.
- To learn more about the important conservation efforts being done in the tropical rain forest, head 7.4 miles east of the resort to the Danaus Encounter. In this incredible botanical garden, you’ll find more than 600 species of plants, more than 40 species of butterflies, and an Eco-center working toward rehabilitating some of the regions most endangered species. Learn about how each species works together to sustain this magnificent tropical forest.