The Arenal Nayara Hotel overlooks the majestic Arenal volcano, one of the youngest still active volcanoes in the country. Arenal is a preferred destination for travelers looking for the signature Costa Rica experience. Zip lining, hanging bridge tours, bird watching, and more are all within easy distance of the resort, and the hotel also offers its own adventure packages.
Luxurious amenities combined with impeccable service ensure your stay will be a relaxing one. Experience farm-to-table dining at the hotel’s restaurants. Spend an afternoon unwinding at the spa, where traditional spa services are combined with local ingredients like organic coffee and volcanic clay. The possibilities are endless.
- Pool with swim-up bar
- Twice-daily housekeeping and evening ice delivery
- High-speed internet throughout resort
- Fitness center
- Laundry service and dry cleaning
- Yoga classes
- Nature trails
- Complimentary buffet breakfast
This boutique hotel has 50 rooms spread across four different types of villas: The Casita Deluxe; the Rainforest Villa; the Springs Villa; and the 3 Bedroom Arenal Villa. Each villa is a free-standing bungalow with views of the volcano or the rainforest. The bathrooms are stocked with top-of-the-line organic toiletries, and there is air ditioning and WiFi available throughout each room and the property itself.
- Casita Deluxe This room type offers both value and privacy in a secluded, comfortable room. Two adults can share the room, or two adults and two children. This is a good room choice for families.
- Rainforest Villa The Rainforest Villa has an octagonal shape that allows natural light to filter in from every angle. On the terrace, enjoy the hammock and oversized Jacuzzi.
- Springs VillaThe Springs Villas are set aside exclusively for adults, making them a quiet, private hideaway for honeymooning couples.
- 3 Bedroom Arenal Villa The 3 Bedroom Arenal Villa is perfect for families or large groups of friends. There are two rooms with king beds and one room with two twin beds. There are two marbled bathrooms accompanied by their own private gardens, and there are two terraces, each with its own Jacuzzi and hammock.
- Safe deposit box
- Hair dryer
- Minibar and coffee maker
- Welcome fruit cocktail
- Free local and international calls
- No resort fee
There are three restaurants, a coffee bar, and two exclusive dining experiences available at the Arenal Nayara Hotel, each offering a unique eating experience.
- Altamira Restaurant Altamira Restaurant offers family-friendly fare in a casual, relaxed setting. There are different themed dinners throughout the week: Seafood Grill Night, Costa Rican Night, and Barbecue Night, where food is served buffet-style. Live music is performed every night. Altamira Restaurant is where the resort’s complimentary breakfast is served every morning.
- Asia Luna Asia Luna serves Latin-Asian fusion: sushi rolls, seafood specials, and wok dishes. The furniture in the restaurant is hand-painted by the local indigenous Maleku tribe, and depicts flora and fauna of the region.
- Nostalgia Wine & Tapas Bar Guests looking to unwind after a long day of bird watching or ziplining can look forward to relaxing at the Nostalgia bar. An open-air terrace invites in fresh views of the jungle beyond.
- Mi Cafecito Mi Cafecito is one of the newest additions to the resort. Organic coffee beans are roasted on-site to create delicious coffee drinks. Teas and a range of snacks are also available.
- Romantic Dining Couples looking to have the ultimate gastronomic experience with their significant other should consider the Romantic Dining food experience. Here, food is served to you by a private chef, in a private room that overlooks the rainforest.
- Wine Pairing Extravaganza For the wine lover, the Wine Pairing Extravaganza is an opportunity to open your taste buds. Five glasses of wine are paired with five dishes, and the Nostalgia Bar’s on-site sommelier is there to guide you through the tasting.
In addition, there are two restaurants located close by in Nayara Springs, Arenal Nayara’s sister property:
Mis Amores: Just over the bridge in Nayara Springs, the resort’s sister property, Mis Amores serves wood-oven specialties with a dramatic view overlooking the Arenal volcano. Reservations here are required.
Amor Loco: Amor Loco is of the finest restaurants Arenal Nayara offers, with an upscale setting and dress code to match. Children are not allowed at the restaurant, and reservations are required.
Nearby Things To Do
There is no shortage of activities to choose from near the hotel. Here are just a few:
- Arenal Volcano National Park – 7.8 miles
- Arenal 1968 Volcano View and Lava Trails – 6.0 miles
- Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park – 8.6 miles
The hotel and resort offer several options for relaxation and renewal during your stay, from state-of-the-art fitness facilities to daily yoga classes and the on-site spa.The spa offers couple’s and individual treatment experiences inspired by nature. Don’t miss the volcanic mud massage!